There are so many things to do in Key Largo—from shopping and snorkeling to golfing and swimming with dolphins. Whether you’re here for a family vacation, a romantic getaway or taking some time just for you—you’ll find exactly what you want to on Key Largo. But, don’t wait until you get here to do your planning. Start now and start here so that when you arrive in Key Largo, you can start enjoying!
John Pennekamp Coral Reef State Park
Known as “The Diving Capital of the World”, the John Pennekamp Coral Reef State Park is a true jewel of the Keys. You can take a tour in a glass-bottom boat—getting a gorgeous view of the Florida Keys Reef System. For those who want to get even closer, diving excursions are available. And everyone can enjoy the Visitor Center and the 30,000-gallon aquarium!
- 102601 Overseas Highway, Key Largo, FL 33037, MM102.6 oceanside
- Phone: 305-451-6300
- Distance from Resort: 7.3 miles, approx. 12 minutes
Everglades National Park
As the largest subtropical wilderness in the United States, the Everglades National Park features a unique array of plants and animals throughout its almost 1.5 million acres. These include rare and endangered species such as the manatee and the Florida panther.
- 40001 State Road 9336, Homestead, FL 33034
- Phone: 305-242-7700
- Distance from Resort: 40.9 miles, approx. 54 minutes
Lignumvitae Key Botanical State Park
Accessible by private or charter boats, this park is a rare natural wonder with a hardwood hammock that’s a sight to behold. While you’re here, you’ll also want to visit the Matheson House to see what island living looked like in the early 1900s.
- MM 78.5, Offshore island, Bay side
- Depart from Robbie’s Marina
- Phone: (305) 664-2540
- Distance from Resort: 19.7 miles, approx. 26 minutes
Indian Key Historic State Park
The first county seat for Dade County, this island may be tiny—but it’s big on natural beauty. Come for the day to swim in its warm waters or to relax on its gorgeous beaches. It’s accessible only by boat—with boat and kayak rentals available at Robbie’s Marina.
- U.S. 1 Mile Marker 85.5, Offshore island, Ocean side
- Depart from Robbie’s Marina
- Phone: (305) 664-2540
- Distance from Resort: 18.7 miles, approx. 24 minutes
Swim with dolphins in a natural lagoon that’s open to the Florida Bay. You can participate in the Structured and Shallow Water Dolphin Swims or you can go snorkeling in the Natural Dolphin Swim Program.
- 101900 Overseas Hwy, Key Largo, FL 33037, MM101.90 Bayside
- Phone: 877-365-2683
- Distance from Resort: 6.3 miles, approx. 13 minutes
If you’ve ever dreamed of swimming with dolphins, Dolphin Plus can make that dream come true. Dedicated to conserving and protecting marine life, this is a uniquely wonderful place not only to interact with dolphins (and sea lions!)—but to learn more about these amazing animals.
- 31 Corinne Pl, Key Largo, FL 33037
- Phone: 305-451-1993
- Distance from Resort: 4.1 miles, approx. 8 minutes
Theater of the Sea Marine Amusement Park
This marine animal park provides both education and entertainment for those of any age. There are a wide variety of activities available, including: swimming with dolphins, sea lions, and stingrays through interactive swim programs; a four-hour Adventure and Snorkel Cruise; and dolphin, sea lion, and parrot shows. A two-and-a-half-hour stay at the park is suggested in order to see all of the shows and attractions.
- 84721 Overseas Hwy, Islamorada, FL 33036, MM 84.5 Oceanside
- Phone: 305-664-2431
- Distance from Resort: 12.7 miles, approx. 18 minutes
Everglades Alligator Farm
South Florida’s oldest alligator farm, the Everglades Alligator Farm is home to more than 2,000 alligators. From here, you can get an up close look at the Everglades during a guided airboat tour and you can also attend alligator, snake, and wildlife shows.
- 40351 SW 192nd Avenue, Florida City, FL 33034
- Phone: 305-247-2628
- Distance from Resort: 37.1 miles, approx. 50 minutes
Florida Keys Wild Bird Center
As part of its mission, this non-profit organization rescues, rehabilitates and releases native and migratory wild birds that have been harmed or displaced. You can visit the center from sunrise to sunset and stroll along the Sanctuary boardwalk.
- 93600 Overseas Highway, Tavernier, FL 33070, MM93.6 Bayside
- Phone: 305-852-4486
- Distance from Resort: 3.1 miles, approx. 4 minutes
Everyone’s welcomed at Robbie’s—even your pet! You’ll find everything here from snorkeling and private charters, to ecotours and party fishing. For a taste of the vintage Florida Keys mixed with modern conveniences, this is a stop you have to make while staying at the Hilton Key Largo Resort.
- 77522 Overseas Highway, Islamorada, FL 33036, MM77 Bayside
- Phone: 305-417-6520 or 888-316-7754
- Distance from Resort: 19.3 miles, approx. 25 minutes
The Ocean Lover
Caribbean Water Sports
This is the place for water enthusiasts of all ages! Here, you’ll find almost every kind of water activity imaginable—including Enviro-Tours to the Everglades, parasailing, sunset cruises and sport fishing. You can also rent WaveRunners, Hobie Cat Sailboats, stand-up paddle boards, paddle boats and snorkeling equipment. So, dive in!
- Hilton Key Largo Resort, 97000 Overseas Highway, Key Largo, FL 33037, MM97 Bayside
- Phone: 305-852-4707
- Distance from Resort: Located onsite
- 200 Treasure Harbor Dr, Islamorada, FL 33036
- Phone: 800-FLA-BOAT
- Distance from Resort: 10.3 miles, approx. 14 minutes
- 47 Garden Cove Drive Key Largo, FL 33037
- Phone: 305-451-3252
- Distance from Resort: 9.1 miles, approx. 12 minutes
One of 14 marine-protected areas within the National Marine Sanctuary System, the Florida Keys National Marine Sanctuary protects 2,900 square nautical miles of water around the Florida Keys. You’ll find the world’s third largest barrier reef, 6,000+ species of marine life, beautiful islands, seagrass beds, and much more. It’s natural beauty at its finest.
- 95230 Overseas Hwy, Key Largo, FL 33037, MM97
- Phone: 305-852-7717
- Distance from Resort: 1.9 miles, approx. 4 minutes
- 2300 Palm Dr, Homestead, FL 33035
- Phone: 305-230-0362
- Distance from Resort: 33.8 miles, approx. 42 minutes
- 1 Speedway Blvd, Homestead, FL 33035
- Phone: 866-409-7223
- Distance from Resort: 36.2 miles, approx. 45 minutes
The Rain Barrel Artisan Village
If you’re looking for a gift for that special someone or something unique to remember your visit to the Keys by, this is where you’ll find it. You can watch the artists at work as they create contemporary art and American crafts.
- 86700 Overseas Highway, Islamorada, FL 33036, MM86.7 Bayside
- Phone: 305-852-3084
- Distance from Resort: 10.1 miles, approx. 13 minutes